Well these are certainly strange times. Week one of coronavirus lockdown, and one of the biggest challenges everyone has had to face is that their work structure and routine is no longer there.
For everyone it is important to establish a new routine to try and keep a sense of normality. Personally I have set myself the challenge to write daily on LinkedIn with positive actions and motivations which I hope will be of use to other people in these unsettled times.
The Coroanvirus has changed dramatically how you work! The daily routine of work gives you a structure to your day and how you work, and that has been taken away. So, for most us we need to develop a new structure to carry on being productive and staying away from day time television, or school work.
Here are my top tips for working from home:
1. Create an area in your home as your place of work.
2. Set a time routine. I am still getting up at 6am, starting the day with Tai Chi, then breakfast. I get to my desk for 8.30am to start the day's work.
3. Create a jobs list. With most of us being reactive rather than proactive add possibly self learning or other positive activities.
4. It is not healthy to keep looking at the news every half-hour.
5. Take mini breaks every hour. Without the office banter you will be more intense. Get up walk around make a drink have a stretch
6. Your out-of-home exercise: go for a walk or cycle to clear the mind and get some fresh air.
7. Slow down. As blogged yesterday take the opportunity to be mindful of the now by slowing down, you will reduce anxiety and stress.
8. Arrange telephone/Video meetings with colleagues, they will all feel the same about WFM
9. Use the extra space in time to reassess your relationship with work?
10. Stay safe