Epoch Making Toys is seeking a new Brand Manager to develop and grow its best-selling Aquabeads arts and crafts brand and support its world-famous Sylvanian Families.
If you’re looking for a new challenge with a global toy leader and are passionate about building brands and telling compelling stories across digital, TV and in-store, this could be the ideal role for you.
Everything you need to know about the role and whether it's right for you are below.
To apply for the role, send a CV and cover letter to Faye Williams at email@example.com with the subject Brand Manager Role Application. Interviews will commence 2 April.
You will be responsible for planning, executing, and managing all branding and marketing activities for leading arts and craft brand Aquabeads. This includes:
- Managing allocated budget
- Creating a 360 degree marketing plan for Aquabeads
- Working with the Visual Display Manager to create a strategic and effective in-store display & POS, to maximise in store sales for Aquabeads
- Planning and executing an effective trade press activity
- Working with the PR agency on setting KPI and managing social media activities, calendar, and competitions
- Communicating with retail customers and organising effective marketing campaigns to maximise Aquabeads sales
- Coordinating with the Ecommerce manager to improve brand representation on online platforms and third-party e-commerce sites
- Regularly communicating with the sales & data analysis team on Aquabeads’ sales performances and share updates with the Head of Marketing, Ecommerce Manager, and Visual Display Manager
- Creating product presentation deck on new Aquabeads products for the sales team to use when arranging product previews with retail customers
- Report regularly to the Head of Marketing on the brand’s marketing activities and sales performances
You will be assisting the Head of Marketing on all marketing related tasks and keeping on track of both brands' marketing plans and goals. (Head of Marketing will be primarily in charge of managing the marketing team, Sylvanian Families, budgeting, and TV/digital media campaigns.)
Across both Sylvanian Families and Aquabeads, the Brand Manager will be asked to execute the following:
- Working with a third party designer to create a consumer catalogue and leaflet
- Copywriting and localising product texts for all materials, including catalogues, fan club magazines, online platforms, and internal database
- Planning, organising and executing consumer and trade events, including Toy Fair, festivals, and brand events, in order to create the ultimate consumer experience for both brands, to raise brand awareness and offer consumer engaging activities.
- Liaising with the event agency and manage Sylvanian Families character event & Aquabeads demonstration event bookings, calendar, and budget allocation. Update the retailer event guideline and update each sales person on their allocation spend.
- Planning and managing trade fair, events, and press, to maximise our brand presence within the market and effectively communicate the USPs of new products for both brands